Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Recipe: Savory Summer Peach and Avocado Salad!

     In celebration of National Peach Month, I would love to share this recipe that I just discovered. It was sent out in the Vegetarian Resource Group's last emailing. It is amazing, I made it twice in one week! So fresh and healthy, and the flavors work wonderfully together!

2 cups diced, fresh, ripe, pitted peaches (not peeled)
2 cups diced, fresh, ripe, pitted, peeled apricots (I didn't peel them!)
2 Tablespoons minced, fresh chilies (I used jalapeno)
1/2 cup diced, peeled, ripe avocado (I used more avocado!)
1/4 cup diced fresh red bell pepper
1 Tablespoon minced red onion
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tablespoons peach nectar or orange juice (I didn't add this)
I did add some salt and pepper, to taste

In a non-reactive bowl, combine ingredients. Allow salad to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serves 10

Nutritional Information (without my changes)
Total Calories per serving: 45
Total fat as % of Daily Value: 2%
Protein: 1 gram
Fat: 1 gram
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Calcium: 8 milligrams
Iron: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 1 milligram
Dietary Fiber: 2 grams

     I hope you enjoy this! I absolutely love it! I ate it as a side with tacos and took it to a cookout. It would also make a great addition to a lunch!

For more information on the Vegetarian Resource Group please visit: http://www.vrg.org/

Cheers,
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment