Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Veggie Sandwich!

     Tonight for dinner I tried a delicious recipe from the Meatless Monday website: Zucchini Eggplant Sandwich (find the recipe here: http://www.meatlessmonday.com/zucchini-eggplant-sandwich/) I created a slight variation using squash, as well as zucchini and eggplant. I did not add the tomatoes and bell peppers. Half the fun of cooking is being creative in the kitchen! I had squash from my CSA box this week but I didn't have any bell peppers, and I used all my tomatoes in a roasted tomato recipe (recipe here: http://inspiredrd.com/2011/08/slow-roasted-roma-tomatoes.html), so I doctored it up to fit with what I had available!

     First I chopped up the veggies and heated some olive oil in a skillet. Then I sauteed the veggies until they were nice and tender.


     I used some french bread that I made using my bread maker earlier in the week and drizzled it with balsamic vinegar and added some shredded Parmesan cheese. I added some basil to the top and the veggies and voila! Delish!


     This is a great way to get your veggie servings for the day. Add a side of fruit and a dark chocolate square for dessert and you've got yourself a pretty nice little dinner!

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment